Retail Advertising Director
The News & Advance, Lynchburg, VA
Circulation: Daily 27,972 / Sunday: 34,440
Readership: 86,734 daily and 113,652 Sunday
Located in central Virginia, the Lynchburg area is a vibrant and charming community located in the eastern foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here, along the banks of the scenic James River, you will find endless opportunity for adventure, entertainment, amusement, relaxation, and more. Voted by Forbes in 2010 as #28 best places for Business and Careers. Here, Lynchburg’s leading media voice, The News & Advance is looking for a Retail Advertising Director to lead our 15 member advertising team to greater success growing revenue on multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will have a track record for inspiring and mentoring sales professionals as well as developing creative marketing programs to help SMBs of all types grow market share, revenue, traffic and customer base. This position requires extensive work with local business groups and intensive time in the field, training/coaching sales people and identifying new business opportunities. This position offers a generous salary, monthly bonus program and full benefits.
- Achieve/exceed monthly, quarterly, annual sales goals.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow print and digital share in our local markets.
- Coach, train, and develop professional sales and presentation skills, and core competencies of our advertising account executives.
- Develop and maintain a high energy and total team atmosphere.
- Set goals, conduct regular sales team meetings, and one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Lead team to cultivate new customers each week/month.
- Attend sales appointments and conduct regular in-the-field ride-alongs.
- Implement multi-platform proposals and deliver to exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years in media/sales management role
- Strong knowledge of the local advertising segments, print and digital
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve desired performance objectives
Berkshire Hathaway Media Group, www.bhmginc.com is a dynamic media organization that owns and operates newspapers in markets across the country. With operations in 10 states, BHMG has 32 daily newspapers, 47 paid weekly newspapers and 32 print and on-line products. We also operate WPLG-TV, an ABC affiliate out of Miami, FL. BHMG is the 10th largest newspaper media company in the United States.
For immediate consideration apply online at https://bhmedia.silkroad.com/epostings/ .